When to book: 8 – 10 months ahead
The wedding is dress is certainly one of the most important elements of your wedding day, you need to look amazing and stylish, but mostly you need to be comfortable and confident.
These questions will help you find the very best wedding dress for your wedding day! Refine your search and dress fittings, so that you set your sights on a maximum of 4-5 wedding dresses or else it will get very confusing.
1. How far in advance do I need to book my appointment?
2. How much does the initial consultation cost?
3. How many people can I bring to my initial consultation? (TIP: It’s best to take just your mom or matron of honor for your first consultation. The rest of your bridal party can attend the final fitting.)
4. Can my dress be taken in or altered if my weight fluctuates?
5. Is there anything specific I need to wear (underwear, strapless bra, slip etc) when I come for my fitting?
6. Are dress alterations included in the price?
7. How long will it take for my dress to be ready?
8. What deposit is required and when is it due?
9. Will you store the dress for me until my wedding day?
10. Do you offer dress preservation services?
11. How many fittings will I have?
12. What are your opening hours?
13. Do you have a seamstress readily available when I come for my fittings?
14. Will I work with the same bridal consultant /seamstress each time I come for a fitting?
15. What is the lead time?
16. How much will you charge me for the toile,pattern, cut and make? Does it include the fabrics? Are there any additional charges I should prepare for?
17. Do you make hats shoes and accessories?
18. What about fabrics? Do I have to source it myself or can you (the bridal boutique) source for me?
19. Do you cater to bridesmaids’, mother of the bride’s dresses and suits?
20. Do you offer couture and ready to wear?
21. Which gown will suit me?
22. Do you offer a variety of styles and options?
23. Do I need to pay per fitting?
24. What is your cancellation/refund policy?
25. When will I receive my contract? (TIP: This should
include consultations, fittings, alterations and any